Dedicated scientists from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds have made significant contributions to the field of science. First-year College of Science students can learn more about these scientists and their contributions by joining the Bonding Learning Community. This important community brings students who are committed to the importance of diversity in thought and experience together in a living and learning environment of shared classes, exciting conversations and friendships that will last a lifetime. Students share first-year chemistry and science courses while participating in co-curricular activities that bring the excitement of science to area high school students. Eligible students must be calculus-ready and able to enroll in Chemistry 115. College of Science students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with the Women in Science Learning Community housed in Earhart Hall.
- First-time beginning students in the College of Science
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants.
- Students must earn a 75 on the ALEKS Math Assessment to qualify for CHM 11500
- REQUIRED in Earhart Hall
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – CHM 11500, SCI 19500
Events and Activities Included:
- Career Exploration
- Guest Speakers
- National Chemistry Week Project
- LC dinners with instructors
- Bowling night
- Community service project with Science Bound Program
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.