Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) majors: apply for this Learning Community to develop a social and professional network with other incoming first-year students. This LC will benefit students and help them later in their career. Students and fellow community members will take two required HTM courses and an Information Literacy course together. Students in Team HTM are REQUIRED to participate in three activities outside of the classroom including:
- An opening reception and tour of Ross-Ade Stadium
- A Saturday field trip to Chicago to tour a restaurant and hotel to give a behind-the-scenes look at successful hospitality businesses
- An end-of-semester dinner
Please note: Absence from one of the three aforementioned events will result in a half-letter grade deduction.
Students will also be completing a community service project to benefit those in the Purdue community. These activities are designed to help them get the most out of the HTM curriculum starting in their first semester at Purdue.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Health and Human Sciences with a major in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- This LC is available to Honors College participants
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – HTM 10010, HTM 10100, GS 17500
Events and Activities Included:
- Opening reception and tour of Ross-Ade Stadium
- Behind-the-scenes field trip to Chicago
- End of semester social and pizza making
- Meal with faculty
- Community service project
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.