First-Year Engineering Bands and Orchestras
The First-Year Engineering Bands and Orchestra Learning Community is open to all first-year band and orchestra students who are enrolled in the College of Engineering. Course content, taught by faculty in bands and engineering, will expose students to campus resources, music- related topics, and topics that integrate music and engineering. Throughout the semester, students will reflect on their academic experience via in- class and out-of-class activities. These activities include service projects, seminars presented by successful band alumni, exploration of opportunities for participation in student leadership positions within band, and band study tables. Students will develop and strengthen their leadership and professional skills by participating in this semester-long Learning Community. College of Engineering students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this learning community with the Women in Engineering Learning Community housed in Earhart or Harrison Halls.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the First-Year Engineering Program or to Pre-ABE in the College of Agriculture AND selected for participation in the Purdue bands/orchestras
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – ENGR 13100, ENGR 103, appropriate BAND course
Events and Activities Included:
- Participation in Concerts and Convocations
- Periodic meals with faculty
- Attendance at a Purdue volleyball match
- Auditory safety
- Study groups
- End of Season Social
- Community service projects
Information above is subject to change.