TEACH! Learning Communities are designed to bring first-year Teacher Education students together through academics, professional development, and social activities. Both the Elementary and Secondary TEACH! Learning Communities will take their first Professional Education course, Introduction to Educational Technology and Computing, together, as well as an additional class. Fun extracurricular activities will be co-planned by students and instructors, providing opportunities for information, learning, and interaction. Classes in the past have participated in exciting learning activities and games they were able to use with school children outside of the classroom setting. A residence option is available for all TEACH! students.
- First-time beginning students with teacher education majors in the Collegs of Agriculture, Education, Health and Human Sciences, Liberal Arts, Science, or Technology
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in Owen Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC.
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC.
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – EDCI 27000, ENGL 10600
Events and Activities Included:
- Welcome pizza and game night
- Introduction to campus resources
- Donut celebrations
- Self-defense workshop
- Introduction to Interactive Dualboards for teaching
- College Mentors for Kids Math Night
- Review for finals
Information above subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.