TEACH! Learning Communities are designed to bring first-year Teacher Education students together through academics, professional development, and social activities. Both the Elementary and Secondary TEACH! Learning Communities will take their first Professional Education course, Introduction to Educational Technology and Computing, together, as well as an additional class. Fun extracurricular activities will be co-planned by students and instructors, providing opportunities for information, learning, and interaction. Classes in the past have exciting learning activities and games they were able to use with school children outside of the classroom setting. A residence option is available for all TEACH! students.
- First-time beginning students in the College of Education with majors in Elementary Education or Special Education/Elementary Education
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in Owen Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC.
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC.
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – EDCI 27000, BIOL 20500
Events and Activities Included:
- Welcome pizza dinner
- American teacher movie night
- Introduction to interactive Dualboards for teaching
- Introduction to campus resources
- Community service project – Math Fun Night, College Mentors for Kids
- Review for finals and final meeting
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.