Women In Agribusiness and Plant Sciences
First-year students with Agribusiness and Plant Sciences interests have the opportunity to celebrate the success of women in Agriculture in this Learning Community! You will make new friends and take a couple of courses with other Learning Community members, which enables you to meet study buddies, especially if you choose to live in the recommended residential component. Enjoy meetings, dinners, and activities with a number of people including Learning Community Instructors, upper-level female students, female faculty, and female alumni from the College of Agriculture. Understand the impact of women through tours of industry and interactions at events like the College of Agriculture Ice Cream Social and animal sciences research tours. Open to first-year students in the College of Agriculture with an interest in Agribusiness and Plant Sciences, regardless of gender, this Learning Community is an invitation to enhance your Purdue network, develop your leadership skills, and explore the many exciting opportunities the field of agriculture has to offer!
- First-time students admitted to majors in Agribusiness, Farm Management, Sales and Marketing, Agricultural Economics, Plant Sciences, Agronomy, Botany and Plant Pathology, Entomology, and Horticulture
- First-time beginning students in Exploratory Studies
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in Harrison Hall
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – AGEC 20300, BTNY 110, AGEC 49800F
Events and Activities Included:
- Fall welcome social
- Trip to Purdue Agricultural Center for Research and Education (ACRE)
- Boiler Challenge ropes course
- College of Agriculture Ice Cream Social
- Visits to Indiana food and agribusinesses to learn about career opportunities
- International student/exchange picnic
- Animal Science Research Tours
- Community service project
- Dinners with different faculty, staff, alumni and upper class students
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.