This Learning Community helps first-semester students in Agricultural Education achieve academic success. Participants have the opportunity to develop friendships with other agricultural education students. Activities also include field trips, service projects and social interaction with faculty and other professional agricultural educators.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Agriculture with a major in Agricultural Education
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC
- OPTIONAL in Harrison Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2015 Semester and Spring 2016
Fall – HORT 10100, YDAE 24000
Spring- YDAE 24000
Events and Activities Included:
- College of Agriculture Ice Cream Social
- Invitational Soils Career Development
- Guest lectures on agricultural education
- Service learning projects
- LC dinners with faculty
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.