College of Liberal Arts Dammon Dean's Scholars
The Dammon Dean's Scholars Learning Community Offers a year-long experience for CLA majors in the Honors College. Dean's Scholars share interests, classes, goals, and will share the experience of working on an original research project with a Liberal Arts faculty member in a spring semester research seminar. By participating in this Learning Community, you will help create a vibrant intellectual and social environment that will support you and enrich your first-year experience through learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
For more information about the CLA Dammon Dean's Scholars Program, please click here.
- First-time beginning students in the College of Liberal Arts Dammon Dean’s Scholars Program
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- Required in Shreve Hall through the Honors College
Fall 2014 Semester (Dean's Scholars Program is year-long; the LC component is fall semester only)
For the 2014-15 academic year, Dean's Scholars will enroll in the following courses:
- COM 114 Honors: Fundamentals of Speech Communication (Fall 2014) or
- ANTH 205: Human Cultural Diversity Honors (Fall 2014)
- GS 490 Honors: Liberal Arts Scholars Seminar (Fall 2014)
- GS 490 Honors: Liberal Arts Scholars Seminar* (Spring 2015)
*Students will select a CLA faculty-led research project
Events and Activities Included:
- Low-ropes leadership and team building excursion
- Introduction to Purdue resources
- Inter-Learning Community soccer games
- Periodic meals with faculty members
- Community dinners with the College of Liberal Arts Deans
- Theme movie nights
- Lectures and Faculty-led discussions
- Lafayette Gallery tour
- Community service projects
- Feast of the Hunter's Moon and other local events
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.