College of Liberal Arts Dammon Dean's Scholars
The Dammon Dean's Scholars Learning Community Offers a year-long experience for CLA majors in the Honors College. Dean's Scholars share interests, classes, goals, and will share the experience of working on an original research project with a Liberal Arts faculty member in a spring semester research seminar. By participating in this Learning Community, you will help create a vibrant intellectual and social environment that will support you and enrich your first-year experience through learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
For more information about the CLA Dammon Dean's Scholars Program, please click here.
- First-time beginning students in the College of Liberal Arts Dammon Dean’s Scholars Program
- This LC is available to Honors College participants
- Required in Shreve Hall through the Honors College
Fall 2016 Semester and Spring 2017 Semester
For the 2016-17 academic year, Dean's Scholars will enroll in the following courses:
- COM 114 Honors: Fundamentals of Speech Communication (Fall 2016) or
- PHIL 260: Philosophy and Law Honors (Fall 2016) (Please note - Previously listed as ANTH 205: Human Cultural Diversity Honors)
- GS 490 Honors: Liberal Arts Scholars Seminar (Fall 2016)
- Scholar Research Seminar (3 credits - Spring 2017) Course number TBD
Events and Activities Included:
- Low-ropes leadership and team building excursion
- Introduction to Purdue resources
- Inter-Learning Community soccer games
- Periodic meals with faculty members
- Community dinners with the College of Liberal Arts Deans
- Theme movie nights
- Lectures and Faculty-led discussions
- Lafayette Gallery tour
- Community service projects
- Feast of the Hunter's Moon and other local events
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.