The Business Leaders Learning Community is designed to provide students with an opportunity to bond with fellow Krannert students interested in building a strong foundation of leadership skills and knowledge. This Learning Community will give students the opportunity to connect to the School of Management from the beginning of their collegiate career. These students will interact with current business leaders and Krannert Alumni to learn what it takes to be successful in today's business world. Participants will take their first management course with fellow Learning Community members along with their first year composition course. Students will also be introduced to the concepts in the Launching Business Leaders initiative that will help focus their improved development and teach them where to begin to take those skills to the level that they need to be successful leaders and business persons. Participating in the residential component will provide additional means of interacting with the LC cohort that will enhance their first-year experience.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the Krannert School of Management
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – MGMT 10000, ENGL 10600
Events and Activities Included:
- School of Management Launching Business Leaders Initiative
- Career workshop
- Krannert Sunday Brunches
- Study Abroad Fair
- Networking with fellow School of Management LC members and alumni
- Networking with alumni through Executive Forum speaker series
- School of Management faculty lunches
- Yearly speakers from Purdue University Old Masters program
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.