||WORKSTATION TECHNOLOGY - Equipment Information
Checkout Equipment Procedures
Equipment Reservation, Checkout, and Return Guidelines
- Equipment may be checked out for two weeks at a time with the exception of the video camera which can be checked out for one week at a time.
- The equipment is reserved for checkout by using this Reservation Form.
- Equipment is reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- The equipment must be picked up from SCHL B-37 by signing a checkout form.
- The same checkout form line entry will be used to check-in equipment upon its return to an SSTA help desk staff member.
- SSTA does not deliver equipment.
- The user's department is responsible for the repair or replacement of equipment if anything is lost or damaged.
- The user shall allow adequate time for checkout procedures.
- The user shall promptly return equipment to SSTA.
- Users are responsible for deleting all data files from borrowed equipment prior to returning the equipment.
- The user shall communicate any special needs or requirements at reservation time so needs can be met prior to pick-up.
- The user is responsible for testing the necessary functionality and presentations. This testing time should be included in the check out duration requested.
Laptop Specific Information
- All laptops come in a carrying case.
- All laptops come with instructions for connecting to the various Purdue networks.
- Do not change the laptop configuration or change files on the C: drive.
- Do not install software by hand - please arrange to have SSTA load your business-related software in advance of your presentation (2-week notice is requested).
- All laptops will be reconfigured upon their return. Please copy any data off the laptop prior to its return.
- Avoid exposing equipment to temperature extremes for extended periods (for instance, a hot car).
- Users needing to connect to a non-Purdue Internet Support Provider must establish their own connection.
Projector Specific Information
- To aid in the assembly and disassembly of the projector to a laptop, the parts are color-coded with enclosed instructions
Video Recording Equipment Specific Information
- The current standard video editing software is Adobe Production Studio which includes Adobe Premier. Requests for this software purchase can be made by the Departmental Computing Coordinator to email@example.com.
- The video transfer drivers for the camera are available automatically when the camera is connected to your computer via the supplied USB cable. The drivers are only available on SSTA supported machines. Laptops may need to be connected to the network to recognize the drivers.
- SSTA does not provide software support for video transfer or editing.
- SSTA does not provide hardware support for utilizing the features of the video recording equipment.
- Video should be backed up on media such as writable DVDs. Network storage space will be limited and should not be abused.
- Additional information about using the video equipment can be found in the Video Camera Documentation document and in the Video Camera Instructions document.