Spring Fling: An occasion to celebrate
Thousands of faculty, staff, graduate students and retirees enjoyed Purdue's annual appreciation day on May 25!
Attendees enjoyed food, games, a vehicle show, golfing, disc golfing and bingo among other events. More than 840 people enjoyed the fitness walk and 142 staff enjoyed the golf outing at Kampen golf course. Thiry-three cars were entered in the vehicle show; a list of winners can be found here.
80 staff members were lucky winners of door prizes; click here to see who won!
Carrie Hanson, training manager in HR and chair of Spring Fling 2016 and Missy Gulick, faculty and staff recognition coordinator in HR offer thanks to all of the individuals who helped make Spring Fling successful:
Our warmest thanks and appreciation to all staff and retirees who volunteered to serve food, soda, popcorn and ice cream, and who helped in set up and tear down for the event. You are a major part of the success of Spring Fling!
- All staff who participated in golf, disc golf, the vehicle show, Zumba, the fitness walk and bingo.
- Physical Facilities staff who handled the trash and recycling equipment.
- Staff from Purdue Dining and Catering who prepared the food.
- Staff from Earhart and Hillenbrand Dining Courts, Food Stores and Central Production Kitchen who assisted in setup and tear down for the event.
- Staff from Food Stores and Meredith Residence Hall who delivered the food.
- Staff from Earhart Dining Court who coordinated the popcorn.
- Staff from Central Production Kitchen who coordinated the food carryout.
- staff from Hillenbrand Hall who provide and set up the tent for retirees.
- Student staff and student interns from Wiley and Windsor Dining Courts.
- Staff from the Division of Recreational Sports for providing lawn games.
- Staff from Purdue Dining & Catering and Earhart Residence Hall who coordinated our volunteers.
- Purdue police and fire staff who maintained access and safety in areas surrounding the Purdue Memorial Mall.
- Members of the Purdue University Retirees Association which sponsored the food drive.
- Staff and retirees who helped with the fitness walk.
- Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee members who distributed cups.
- Administrative and Professional Staff Advisory Committee members who coordinated bingo.
- All areas and departments that donated prizes for bingo.
- Everyone who was able to donate to the food and blood drives this year.
- Thanks to staff and students who provided guidance and help regarding recyclable materials.
- 211 pounds of material was composted (this material actually goes to an enaerobic digester to be turned into electric)
- 1060 pounds of material was recycled
- Only 105 pounds of material went to a landfill
Members of the Spring Fling Coordinating Committee:
Sally Baugues, Jill Clauson, Jeris Eikenberry, Joelle Fleck, Missy Gulick, Carrie Hanson, Megan Huckaby, Marita Jarvis, Julianne Pierson, Mary Ann Prah, Marta Read, Pat Russell, Andy Standifer, Luke Versprille, Mary-Ann Warf, Sharon S. Williams