- Boiler Volunteer Network
The purpose of Boiler Volunteer Network (BVN) is to provide a volunteer clearinghouse on campus to connect Purdue University students, faculty, staff, and retirees with community service and campus volunteer opportunities and to create and implement a variety of service experiences.
- Center for Instructional Excellence
The Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) promotes instructional excellence at Purdue University by serving as a catalyst to advocate, develop, and implement continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
EPICS is a unique program in which teams of undergraduates are designing, building, and deploying real systems to solve engineering-based problems for local community service and education organizations. EPICS was founded at Purdue University in Fall 1995.
- Office of Community Relations and Visitor Information Center
National and International Resources:
- Action Without Borders
A premier website for finding service projects in your community.
- America Counts
Federal Work-Study funds support 100% of the hourly rate for college students to tutor youth, grades 7-12, on math skills.
- Association of American Colleges and University (AACU)
Supports Service-Learning as an important strategy to develop civic responsibility as a characteristic of undergraduate liberal education.
- Break Away
This website gives you opportunities to serve during school breaks.
- Campus Compact
This website contains everything you need to know about Service-Learning on campus.
- Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
Focuses on building mutually beneficial partnerships with the community to address health issues. Excellent website resources on Service-Learning and community partnerships.
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Educators for Community Engagement
A national group of faculty committed to integrating service into academic study. An annual "National Gathering for Service-Learning Educators" is held each summer to discuss key issues in Service-Learning, community partnerships, and social issues.
- Global Volunteers
This website shows you how you can serve while you travel the world.
- Habitat for Humanity
This website will help you find Habitat for Humanity building opportunities in your community.
- International Partnership for Service-Learning
IPS-L coordinates programs that unite academic study and community service, making the two activies more relevant and enriching. This site includes information on undergraduate and graduate programs in 14 countries.
- National Commission on Service-Learning
The Commission was established to bring a new level of public commitment to Service-Learning.
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
This website has a large array of Service-Learning information, K-Higher Education.
- National Society for Experiential Education
Includes information about various experiential education methods, including Service-Learning.
Service-Learning - Student's Guide & Journal
This website offers the "Service-Learning - Student's Guide & Journal" for working with students, K-12.
- The Big Dummy's Guide to Service-Learning
This site is organized around frequently asked questions and divided into faculty and programmatic issues. Includes "101 Ideas for Combining Service and Learning" in various disciplines.
- Volunteer Match
Excellent website for finding service projects in your community.
Service-Learning Publication Resources:
Several opportunities exist to present and publish Service-Learning scholarships in the areas of experiential learning, research in higher education, and community service. There are more than 50 scholarly journals that invite Service-Learning related publications, including:
- Advances in Service-Learning Research Book Series
- International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering: Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship
- International Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (IJ-SoTL)*
- International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship*
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
- Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Michigan Journal for Community Service-Learning*
Publishes papers relevant to the field of community Service-Learning, focusing on higher education and readership of faculty and administrators.
- Reflections: A Journal of Writing, Service-Learning, and Community Literacy
*Note these scholarly publications are at the forefront of service-learning pedagogy and hold the most weight in terms of peer review.