Service-Learning at Purdue
Through academic Service-Learning programs, Purdue students apply their classroom experience to make a difference in the community.
Currently, there are nearly 300 courses on Purdue University's campus that integrate Service-Learning components into their design and implementation. For descriptions of some of these courses, visit the Fellows and Grantees page.
To become more engaged, learn about the Scholarship of Engagement Conference held on October 28th, 2010 at Discovery Learning Research Center (DLRC).
Our Center's mission is to:
- Promote research and scholarship of Service-Learning
- Provide initiative and incentive for faculty, students, and community partners to participate in Service-Learning courses and projects
- Provide up-to-date Service-Learning information for interested parties
- Better utilize available resources to accelerate the process of designing, developing, and implementing Service-Learning courses and projects
- Promote Service-Learning as a sound pedagogy among various disciplines