Standing Committees: Educational Policy
The committee shall be concerned with changes in academic organization having a significant impact on the intellectual atmosphere and functioning of the university on all of its campuses, e.g., elimination or consolidation of existing departments and schools; and the establishment of interdepartmental institutes and centers. In performance of this task the committee shall, where appropriate, work with officers of the administration, ad hoc committees and faculty involved in contemplated changes.
The committee shall be charged with: 1) matters concerning academic records and the calendar 2) reviewing grading standards and the process of tabulating and distributing information about grades within the University 3) overseeing the operation of probation and graduation requirements in the University.
The committee shall be charged with: 1) identifying superior high school students and encouraging their enrollment in the University 2) sponsoring and promoting the education of superior students at Purdue 3) getting superior students duly recognized and placed 4) seeking to increase the number of Rhodes, Wilson, Danforth, and other scholarships awarded to Purdue students.
The committee shall examine the scholastic records of students and determine appropriate action in cases where the performance of students has not met acceptable standards.
- Calendar, Agenda & Minutes
- Presidential Search — Special Advisory Committee Final Report
- Chair Report to Trustees
- Committee Sign-up
- Intercampus Faculty Council
- Résumé of Items under Consideration
- Surveys and Feedback
- Special Senate Meeting
- Online Discussion Forum to Key Issues
- Links to Other University Senates
- Indiana University Senate
- Michigan State Senate
- Northwestern University Senate
- Ohio State Senate
- Penn State Senate
- Rutgers University Senate
- University of Illinois Senate
- University of Iowa Senate
- University of Maryland Senate
- University of Michigan Senate
- University of Minnesota Senate
- University of Nebraska Senate
- University of Wisconsin Senate