Purdue University Information Security Program
The Purdue University Information Security Program coordinates a number of information security compliance activities.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information in compliance with applicable GLBA rules as published by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Provide administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003 (FACTA) for identity theft Red Flags.
- Safeguard against anticipated threats to the security or integrity of protected electronic data.
- Guard against unauthorized access to or use of protected data that could result in harm or inconvenience to any customer.