How to Apply

Existing and Prospective Graduate Students:

All IGERT students must be enrolled at Purdue University, the University of Delaware, and/or the University of Texas, El Paso. Students will graduate from their respective universities and departments of choice. Currently participating departments are Chemical Engineering (PU), Electrical and Computer Engineering (PU, UTEP), Materials Engineering (PU, UD, UTEP), Chemistry (PU), Engineering Education (PU), Agricultural Economics (PU), Civil Engineering (UTEP), Environmental Resource Management (UTEP), Physics(UD).

The first step is to apply to Graduate School at the university of your choice. All of the partners have online applications available and the application deadlines are governed by each respective Graduate School. We highly recommend submitting a statement of purpose with your application.

If you are currently enrolled as a graduate student in any of the participating universities and are interested in joining the IGERT program, please contact: for additional information.

To apply to Purdue University Graduate School:

To apply to the University of Delaware Graduate School:

To apply to the University of Texas, El Paso Graduate School:

Summer Undergraduate Opportunities at Purdue University:

Note: The SEIGERT is an NSF sponsored program. NSF limits funding to U.S. Citizens and permanent residents.

Quick Links

Contact Information

Melissa LaGuire
Program Coordinator
Purdue University
Forney Hall of Chemical Engineering
480 Stadium Mall Dr.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050