Export Control Regulations
What is the Purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
ITAR places strict controls on the export of "defense articles" and "defense services". Defense articles include any item or technical data on the United States Munitions List (USML), and defense services include the furnishing of assistance to foreign persons, whether or not in the United States, with respect to defense articles, and the furnishing of any technical data associated with a defense article.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?