Export Control Regulations
Export Control Training
Raising awareness of the federal regulations surrounding export controls is part of the University’s compliance program. The Office of Research Administration has developed a training program that increases understanding of the responsibilities and liabilities for handling regulated data, technology, and/or equipment.
To participate in an export controlled research project or with a controlled material/data, individuals must undergo this training. A training certificate is filled out and accepted as part of the training program that attests awareness of U.S. Export Control laws.
Participation in an Export Control Training session is a preliminary requirement for all research personnel participating in an export controlled project. Attending the training program does not make one eligible to participate in an export controlled project.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?