Lists of Regulated Technologies
Commerce Control List (CCL) is a list of items under the export control jurisdiction of the Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce. It is segmented by category and within each category there are 5 groups to further define the technology.
U. S. Munitions List (USML) is a list of articles, services and related technical data designated as defense articles and defense services pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act. This designation is pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act. These articles fall under jurisdiction of the Department of State.
If you have a technology that you believe may be on the CCL or the USML, and you are planning to export the technology, please contact the Office of Research Administration. The ORA will assist you in classifying the technology and help you comply with the applicable federal regulations.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?