Export Control Regulations
Does the ITAR Apply to Fundamental Research Conducted at Purdue University?
The availability of an exemption for fundamental research relating to defense articles and defense services controlled under ITAR is highly limited. Therefore, any work being conducted in the areas covered by the USML must be restricted so that foreign nationals do not have access to the work being conducted or to the resulting data, unless either:
- an export license has been obtained;
- governmental approval to proceed without an export license has been obtained; or
- the Office of Research Administration has determined that the ITAR does not impose restrictions under the facts of the particular situation.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?