Export Control Regulations
Are There Other Regulations to Consider?
Yes, under some circumstances. Different rules govern the export (including downloading to electronic bulletin boards or web sites, or otherwise making available for transfer outside the United States) of certain encryption software under the EAR. Other rules apply to the protection of classified information and to the export of commodities and technology relating to nuclear reactor vessels and to special nuclear materials.
Export Control FAQ
What are U.S. Export Control Regulations?
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls
- Denied Persons List
- Does the EAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What is the purpose of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)?
- Does the ITAR apply to fundamental research conducted at Purdue University?
- What are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator conducting work that is controlled under the EAR, ITAR or OFAC regulations?
- Are there other regulations to consider?