Banff Visual Analytics Workshop, Sept 24-26 2011
September 24 @ 9:00 AM - - September 26 @ 11:00 AM - Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta CA
Canadian and Global Challenges:
Defining Visual Analytics Solutions
The 2011 Banff Visual Analytics Workshop will bring together participants from potential user communities, i.e., data-rich public and private organizations, with scientists and academic researchers to explore Canadian data analysis challenges. Based on these challenges, workshop participants will create a research roadmap and partnerships to develop a few key research projects to move visual analytics in Canada from research laboratories into practice. The goal of the workshop is to form teams of interested researchers that will address these opportunities, with seed funding possible.
This initial VA workshop will focus on four (or five) topics with a uniquely Canadian perspective, such as the following:
- • Analysis of public health records and environmental health and safety data.
- • Interactive scientific research (e.g., medical research) data analysis.
- • Interactive business analytics of textual and structured data sources.
- • Interactive analysis of massive image datasets.
- • Remote security and safety analysis using social media and crowd sourced information sources
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sponsored by the Vancouver Institute for Visual Analytics (VIVA) and the U.S. VACCINE Center
- Deb Denno