Purdue Military Research Initiative
Overall Program Highlights
- No-cost graduate education (PhD preference, but Master’s degrees as well) for up to 10 officers annually across the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force active duty corps (30 officers total).
- Faculty Exchange Program to increase our understanding of each other’s roles and responsibilities, strengthen our partnership, and facilitate building trust and commitment.
- Cadet/Midshipman Introduction to Research Program for Academy and ROTC cadets using Purdue’s established summer programs.
Officer Recruitment Program
- We will work with the services to match qualified applicants with research faculty and projects.
- PhD candidates have first priority, but Master’s degree candidates considered as well.
- Participants will be matched with a Purdue faculty member as a mentor and research advisor.
- It is anticipated that Services will allow PhD candidates 3 years to complete their program and MS candidates 2 years.
Get Started NOW!
Your first step is to talk to your Services detailer/personnel/human resources POC regarding the potential of being released for this in-resident program. Program questions should be directed to Dave Hankins, Colonel, USAF Retired, email@example.com. For degree program information and graduate school application, please go to: http://www.gradschool.purdue.edu/programs/
Founded in 1869 as a land-grant university, Purdue is a world renowned research university with some 39,000 total students and 3,000 faculty. Located in West Lafayette, Indiana about one hour north of Indianapolis and 2 hours south of Chicago, Purdue is known both nationally and internationally for its premier engineering programs with high rankings, top faculty, amazing facilities and famous alumni! Purdue routinely scores high in accredited national and world university rankings for many of their other distinguished academic programs. Purdue is comprised of 12 schools and colleges, and offers over 70 graduate programs at the West Lafayette campus. Equally important, Purdue is a military friendly school with over 500 student veterans on campus and is also home to thriving Reserve Officer Training Corps programs.
A program of Purdue’s Homeland Security Institute