Vertical Menu Bar
Vertical Menu Bar2
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Information: (765) 49-46371
Fax: (765) 49-47403
Office Location: HAMP B173
Campus Mail: REM, HAMP
April 30, 2013
To open PDF documents, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Radioactive Waste Procedures
- Segregate radioactive waste according to waste segregation poster.
- Enter radionuclide and activity disposed into each container in waste log book.*
- Label containers to be picked up with:
- Authorization number
- pH (if liquid)
- solvents and percentages, must total to 100% (if liquid)
- Seal containers (plastic ties are provided for bags, cap if carboy, clamp on lid if metal & glass drum, tape scintillation vials into original box or double bag, seal or close sharps container)
- Submit a Radioactive Waste Pickup Request by one of the following methods:
- Use the online submission form
- Mail the Microsoft Word version to REM, HAMP
- Fax the Microsoft Word version to 49-47403
Waste form must be received by REM by 5:00 p.m. on Monday for Tuesday pickup.
* It is suggested that a waste log be kept near the waste area to keep a record of the isotope and activity added to each container to aid the person preparing the radioactive waste for pickup in labeling the waste.
Waste is Picked Up Every Tuesday
Contact Sharon Rudolph with questions.