- Students cannot change their curriculum if they have a hold on their record.
Definition of a HoldSome holds signify the student is restricted from enrolling in classes and/or obtaining academic transcripts at Purdue University. Holds that do NOT prevent registration or obtaining a transcript are:
DD - No direct deposit authorization on file
RF - Financial Aid Refund Hold
RO - Bursar Recurring Payments
M1 - Initial Student Medical Insurance
Common Reasons for Holds
- Nonpayment of library fines, parking tickets, and residence hall bills
- Disciplinary action taken by the Office of the Dean of Students
- Poor scholastic performance
- Failure to meet immunization requirements
Dismissed or Suspended Students
- These students may still request an academic transcript.
- The hold will remain in effect until such time the student is officially readmitted by the Committee on Scholastic Delinquencies and Readmissions or the suspension is removed by the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Students can verify holds through myPurdue.
- For specific information, contact the office that placed the hold. Contact information is listed in myPurdue with the Hold.