Jump to featured news Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

Candidate Status

In order to be eligible to receive a degree at the end of the current academic session, you should have a candidate course (CAND) in your registration.  If you are an undergraduate, check with your academic advisor, or the candidate coordinator, in your college/school's academic advising office to determine whether your name is on the candidate list.  If you are a graduate student, check with your major professor.  Each candidate is expected to attend the commencement ceremony following the session the degree is awarded.

If you do not qualify for your degree due to a failing or incomplete grade, it may be necessary for you to register for a subsequent term in order to complete your degree requirements.

Final Candidate Status

Questions concerning your final status as a candidate should be directed to your college/school advising office.

Final Grades

Grades will be available on myPurdue the Wednesday before graduation for spring graduates and the Wednesday after graduation for summer and winter graduates.