Learn to Swim Private or Semi-Private Lessons
Private and semi-private lessons are offered to children and adults of all skill levels including those with no swimming experience. Receive one-on-one instruction with a Water Safety Instructor based on your personal goals.
- Days/Times: Lessons are scheduled based on your availability
- Lesson Length: Private lessons (30 minutes)/Semi-private lessons (45 minutes).
Private & Semi-Private lessons for Fall 2016 are currently filled. Please check back January 9th, 2017 for information on spring semester lesson availability.
|Private Lessons-30 minute session||$16||$19|
|Semi-Private Lessons-45 minute session||$12||$17|
*semi private lesson prices are for each individual in the lesson
- Discuss renewal plans with your instructor.
- Once agreed upon by both client and instructor, you will receive a Renewal Approval Form from your instructor.
- You must present the form to Member Services, and pay for lessons, before continuing.
Private/Semi-private Lesson Policies:
- Please follow the registration policy to request an instructor.
- Semi-private lesson participants must be of similar age and similar abilities. Should the participants’ skills be too dissimilar, to the point it makes the lesson difficult to manage for the instructor, the participants will be removed from the semi-private lesson and asked to purchase private lessons.
- You must have confirmation to purchase lessons and lessons must be purchased before the first lesson begins.
- All RecWell, Boilermaker Aquatic Center, and Recreational Pool policies apply when present for lessons.
- Please meet the instructor at the predetermined location 10-15 minutes before your scheduled lesson.
- Families are encouraged to use the family changing rooms on level 1 of the Co-Rec. Please note that children may not enter the opposite genders locker room.
- Parents are asked to escort their children to the pool deck to meet the instructor then move to a designated viewing area to observe lessons.
- Lessons begin at the designated time and end at the designated time. Should you be late for the lesson, the lesson will still end at the designated time. Lessons will not be extended past the designated end time due to participant tardiness. Lessons will be canceled 15 minutes after the designated start time and the lesson will be forfeited if the participant is not present.
- If you must cancel a lesson, please give the instructor at least 24 hour notice of the cancellation. If you are unable to give the instructor 24 hour notice, you risk forfeiting the lesson. Special circumstances will be considered at the discretion of the Assistant Director, Aquatic Education & Programs.
- Children are not permitted to use the pools or other facilities before or after schedule lessons, except on weekends (Friday–Sunday).