Membership & Eligibility Policies
General Membership Policy
- Memberships are sold per individual.
- All membership sales require a photo ID from the sponsor and the recipient of the pass (if 16 or older).
- Eligible students, faculty/staff, and retirees of Purdue University may elect to purchase an individual pass, one household membership, and unlimited dependent (child) memberships.
- Eligible alumnus of Purdue University may elect to purchase a pass and one household membership.
- In order to receive member rates on RecWell activities and events, an individual must have a Full membership.
Pass holders of this type of membership will have unlimited access to RecWell facilities during operational hours and ability to purchase RecWell programs/activities (i.e. Intramurals, Learn to Play). Children must be 16 years or older to purchase a Full membership.
Pass holders of this type of membership will have limited access to RecWell facilities—Monday through Thursday from opening until 3pm during the academic year—and unlimited access Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and during University breaks including summer.
Pass holders of this type of membership will have access to RecWell facilities during operational hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Purdue students (West Lafayette campus) that pay the Fitness & Wellness Fee through their tuition are granted full access to the facility automatically. If a student’s enrollment status changes, resulting in a full or partial refund of the Fitness & Wellness Fee through the campus bursar’s office, the student must pay the balance to maintain membership in full.
Students who do not pay the Fitness & Wellness Fee may purchase a student membership. Paying the associated fees will afford full membership privileges into the facility.
Graduates may purchase a membership at the student rate for the term immediately after their graduation. To be eligible, a student must present a diploma or record of graduation, a valid PUID and pay associated fees.
The “Faculty/Staff” category includes any current full time employee, retirees, and emeritus faculty/staff. Individuals from these groups may present a valid PUID and pay associated fees to obtain full membership privileges.
Any alumni member of Purdue University may acquire a full, limited, or weekend only membership by presenting a copy of your diploma or credentials that prove membership in the Purdue Alumni association, and paying associated fees.
Any individual that is eligible for a student, faculty/staff, or alumni membership as described above may purchase (associated fees) a Household Membership for one individual, 16 or older, residing in the same residence. The valid Purdue ID of the sponsor and proof of same residence is required at the time of purchase. For household members that are dependents (children) of the Purdue affiliate, see our Age Policy Chart.
Any individual that is eligible for a student or faculty staff membership as described above may sponsor additional family members by purchasing a Full, Limited, or Weekend Only membership for legal dependents living in the household (ages 6–25) and one additional "household member". Children 5 years of age and younger do not require a membership.
Dependent memberships are restricted per the following minor policies:
- An extended dependent membership may be purchased for older dependents (ages 16–25) and allows the pass holder to access the building during all operational hours, without being accompanied by an adult.
- For the benefit of larger families, we offer a revised pricing structure for families with more than 4 members in the household. Payment will be processed for the 4 most expensive memberships being purchased and any memberships after will be reduced to a $0 registration fee.
- To inquire more about this process, please contact the Member Services desk at 765.494.3109.
Any individual that is eligible to purchase a full membership, including Part-time Students, Continuing Students, Faculty/Staff, Retiree/Limited Retiree, and Alumni (including households), will have the option to purchase an Intramural Outdoor Membership, in lieu of one of the previously mentioned membership options, for a rate of $30 per semester (with the exception of dependents). This membership only provides eligibility to Intramural Sports located outside the France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center.
RecWell Faculty/Staff Household and Alumni Members who aren't eligible for a university parking permit may request a free parking permit for use in the CoRec parking lots. This permit is only valid in A, B or C parking spaces in the CREC and TREC lots. This permit is non-transferable and may only be used by the RecWell member to whom it has been issued. The parking permit becomes invalid when RecWell membership is canceled or expired.
- Membership & Services
- Faculty, Staff, & Retirees
- Membership Prices
- Membership & Eligibility Policies
- Payroll Deduction
- Silver Sneakers
- Athletic Trainers
- Conference Groups
- CoRec Fact Sheet & Map
- Equipment Sales & Rental
- Gift Certificates
- Guest Passes & Policies
- Lost & Found
- Massage Therapy
- Online Member Services
- Parking Map
- Towel Service/Locker Rental