Purdue University, Division of Recreational Sports Website
- Mixing powdered drinks in the fitness center is prohibited.
- 14-15 year-olds are permited to use the fitness equipment when supervised and in the company of a parent or guardian.
- Rereational Sports staff are available to show you how to use the equipment.
- All members are expected to abide by the decisions of the Recreational Sports staff.
- Equipment is not to be removed from spaces to be used in other spaces.
- Climbing on top of fitness equipment, hanging upside down, or performing acrobatic moves is prohibited.
- Wipe sweat off equipment after it has been used with the provided rags and disinfectant spray.
- Please limit your time on cardio machines during peak hours or when others are waiting.
Free Weights, Variable Resistance, Functional Equipment and Fitness Mezzanine
- Always return equipment to its proper location and always re-rack your weights.
- Wipe sweat off of equipment, after it has been used, with provided rags and disinfectant spray.
- Allow others to work in with you while doing multiple sets.
- Weight clips are required on all barbell and curl bar exercises.
- Do not throw functional equipment, such as medicine balls, against the walls or mirrors.
- On the Fitness Mezzanine, equipment including Dynamax Balls and kettlebells may only be used during structured DRS classes.
- Compressed chalk is allowed on the lifting platforms. Loose chalk is prohibited. Please clean up chalk residue using the brushes and rags provided.
- When performing lifts on the platforms, the barbell and bumper plates must be returned to the ground in a controlled manner. Please do not slam or drop your weights.
- Bumper plates must remain on the lifting platforms.
- The only approved accommodating resistance is resistance bands on the power rack’s band pegs. All other physical alterations or additions to weight equipment (including chains) is prohibited.
- Spotters are strongly recommended. Please ask a Fitness Consultant for assistance if needed.