Purdue University, Division of Recreational Sports Website
- Massage sessions must be paid for in advance.
- Clients must be at least 18 years of age.
- The Massage Therapy Client Packet must be filled out and provided to the Massage Therapist at the beginning of the first session.
- Clients should call the Wellness Suite at 765.496.1788 if he/she knows they will be late. If a client is late, the session will only last until the end of the time for which the session was scheduled.
- If needed, sessions must be rescheduled 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the session and payment. Clients should call the Wellness Suite at 765.496.1788 to reschedule.
- We do not bill insurance companies directly. If a client has medical insurance that covers massage therapy, Rec Sports can provide a receipt and other applicable documents for reimbursement.
- Clients need to maintain an appropriate level of personal hygiene and should refrain from wearing strong perfume or cologne during their session. If a client exercises before their massage, they need to shower before their session. The Massage Therapist reserves the right to refuse to perform a massage for any hygiene issues.
- Clients should silence their cell phones and put them away during a massage session.
- If a client initiates a sexual advance during a massage, the session will end immediately and the client will be asked to leave. A refund will not be provided.
- Clients should reschedule appointments when they are feeling unwell. If a client arrives with a contagious illness, the massage session will be rescheduled.
- Massage Therapists do not work within the scope of licensed medical professionals, and therefore, do not diagnose, prescribe or provide treatment for a specific condition. If any situation arises during a massage session, the therapist will refer the client for diagnosis and to follow the recommendations of their physician.