Purdue University, Division of Recreational Sports Website
- Compressed chalk is allowed on the lifting platforms. Loose chalk is prohibited. Please clean up chalk residue using the brushes and rags provided.
- When performing lifts on the platforms, the barbell and bumper plates must be returned to the ground in a controlled manner. Please do not slam or drop your weights.
- Bumper plates must remain on the lifting platforms.
- The only approved accommodating resistance is resistance bands on the Power Rack’s band pegs. All other physical alterations or additions to weight equipment (including chains) is prohibited.
- Spotters are strongly recommended. Please ask a Fitness Consultant for assistance if needed.
Free Weights, Variable Resistance and Functional Equipment
- Always return equipment to its proper location and always re-rack your weights.
- Wipe sweat off of equipment, after it has been used, with provided rags and disinfectant spray.
- Allow others to work in with you while doing multiple sets.
- Weight clips are required on all barbell and curl bar exercises.
- Do not throw functional equipment, such as medicine balls, against the walls or mirrors.
- Please limit your time on cardio machines to 30 minutes during peak hours or when others are waiting.
- Please wipe down equipment after each use.
- Use of facilities for paid instructional or coaching purposes is prohibited.
- Mixing powered drinks in the fitness center is prohibited.
- 14-15 year-olds are permitted to use fitness equipment when supervised and in the company of a parent or guardian.
- Recreational Sports staff are available to show you how to use the equipment.
- All members are expected to abide by the decisions of the Recreational Sports Staff.