Membership & eligibility
Student Membership Policy
Students who do not pay the Fitness & Wellness Fee may purchase a student membership. Paying the associated fees will afford full membership privileges into the facility. Any student, not currently enrolled for a given term may purchase a membership for one subsequent term. To be eligible, a student must present a fee statement or a class schedule from the previous academic term, a valid PUID and pay associated fees.
Faculty/Staff Membership Policy
Limited Retiree Membership Policy
Family Membership Policy
Household Membership Policy
Any individual that is eligible for a student or faculty staff membership as described above, may sponsor a spouse/domestic partner/roommate, by purchasing a Household Membership for one individual, 18 or older, residing in the same residence). The secondary membership carries full privileges once associated fees have been paid. The valid Purdue ID of the sponsor and proof of same residence is required at the time of purchase. For those household members that are dependents (children) of the Purdue affiliate, see dependent policies.
DRS Household Members who aren't eligible for a university parking permit may request a free parking permit for use in the Rec Sports parking lots. This permit is only valid in A, B or C parking spaces in the Division of Recreational Sports CREC and TREC lots. This permit is non-transferable and may only be used by the DRS member to whom it has been issued. The parking permit becomes invalid when DRS membership is cancelled or expired.
Dependent Membership Policies
Any individual that is eligible for a student or faculty staff membership as described above, may sponsor in dependents under the age of 16 by purchasing a dependent membership. Pass holders of this type of dependent membership will have limited access to DRS facilities on the weekends (Starting 5 PM Friday - business close on Sunday) during the academic year and unlimited access during university breaks and summer. Additionally, dependents will be allowed access during local school breaks from the time we open until 3pm.
Kids in the CoRec-POLICY UPDATE!
We are excited to offer an expansion on the utilization of the facilities for dependents!
Dependents will now be allowed to use the facility Monday-Friday, upon the facility opening until 3pm during any local school's (TSC, WLSC, LSC, LCS) non-school days including breaks and cancellations.
As a reminder, Purdue’s Spring Break does not always correspond with the Spring Break in the surrounding community, therefore, please consider the activities and the age of children when deciding to visit the Rec Center when Purdue is still in session. We have outlined some of the important safety policies and procedures put into place to help protect the safety of the dependents when you are visiting our facility.
- Individuals 15 years of age and younger must be supervised by and in the company of a parent/guardian/adult chaperone at all times, except when participating in a structured DRS program/service.
- Caution must be exercised when supervising children participating in DRS activities, ensuring that activities are age and skill appropriate, and safe relative to other activities and users within specific spaces.
- NOTE: DRS staff may restrict activity for any individual for safety considerations.
- Families are encouraged to use the family changing rooms on level 1. Please note that children may not enter the opposite genders locker room.
- 14–15 year olds are permitted to use the fitness equipment when supervised and in the company of a parent or guardian.
- Individuals 13 years and younger must be in a structured DRS program to use any fitness equipment.
- Individuals under the age of 6 should not use the sauna.
- Proficient swimming ability is required in deep water areas-you may be asked by a lifeguard to show an ability to swim before using a pool or pool equipment.
- Children age 5 or under, or any non-swimmer who may also be wearing an approved flotation device must be directly supervised in the water by and adult/guardian [age 18yr.] and within arm’s reach at all times.
- Lifeguards have the discretionary authority to require a parent or guardian to be in the water with a child over 5 years old whom they judge a weak or non-swimmer.
- You must demonstrate proficient swimming ability or be a minimum of 48” all to use the vortex area.
- Use of the spa is limited to those 6 years of age or older. An adult in the spa must accompany children 6–15 years of age.
- Use of the spa is limited to 15 minutes. It is advised that time is limited to 10 minutes or less for young children. Use of the spa begins with any part of the body entering the water and/or sitting on the edge of the spa.
- Individuals 15 years and younger must be supervised by and in the company of a parent/guardian/adult chaperone at all times.
- Individuals under the age of 4 may not participate at the Climbing Wall.
- Participants must be 16 years old and older in order to take part in all workshops or be eligible to take a belay competency exam.
Extended Dependent Membership
Alumnus of Purdue University may acquire membership by presenting a copy of your diploma or credentials that prove membership in the Purdue Alumni association, and paying associated fees. Additionally, alumnus may purchase one household membership as described above. The cost is $7.00 per day per person.
DRS Alumni Members who aren't eligible for a university parking permit may request a free parking permit for use in the Rec Sports parking lots. This permit is only valid in A, B or C parking spaces in the Division of Recreational Sports CREC and TREC lots. This permit is non-transferable and may only be used by the DRS member to whom it has been issued. The parking permit becomes invalid when DRS membership is cancelled or expired.
Member Guest Policies
Members may sponsor guests. Guest access is limited by the age restrictions listed in dependent policies. See Guest Passes for policies on guests.
Non Affiliated Guest Policies
Individuals with no affiliation to Purdue University may purchase a guest pass for $10 per day per person. See Guest Passes for policies on guests.
Individuals attending a conference affiliated with Purdue may gain access to DRS facilities by presenting name badge/ID from the conference and paying the daily use fee.
Intramural Outdoor Membership Fee
Any individual that is eligible to purchase a full membership, including Part-time Students, Continuing Students, Faculty/Staff, Retiree/Limited Retiree, and Alumni (including households), will have the option to purchase an Intramural Outdoor Membership for a rate of $30 per semester (with the exception of dependents). This membership only provides eligibility to Intramural Sports located outside the France A. Cordova Recreational Sports Center.
For additional information, contact the RSC at 765.494.3110 or