Rental & Reservation Policies
A reservation request can be made by a recognized student organization, a university department, or a group of students, faculty, or staff.
- Reservations requests can be submitted by Non-University Groups by directly contacting Greg Boylan, Assistant Director of Reservations and Facilities Management. Requests are based on availability of space.
- A completed reservation request should be submitted a minimum of 7-10 business days in advance in order to receive full consideration. Requests inside of two weeks will be considered if time and space permits.
- Recognized student organizations must file an Event Planning Form (EPF) on Boilerlink.
- The DRS reserves the right to alter staffing, regulate the continuation of participation, or cancel the event due to circumstances that may pose a hazard to the safety of the participants or to the condition of the facilities, including inclement weather.
- Participants must comply with State, University and DRS laws, rules and regulations. Persons misusing equipment or non-compliant to safety rules or instruction will be asked to leave the facility.
- Purdue University prohibits the possession, consumption or distribution of alcohol.
- Smoking is limited to the designated smoking areas on campus.
- Depending on the scope of the event, a non-refundable deposit or full payment may be required at the time of reservation.
- Cancellation of reservations or time/space changes for Purdue affiliates must be received in writing one week prior to the first date of the reservation in order for refunds to be considered. For Non-University groups these must be received one month in advance of the first date of the reservation.
- Any group expecting to reserve or rent facility space is required to turn in an event plan along with all details including a diagram of the set-up.
Groups are responsible for ensuring that trash is disposed of properly upon the conclusion of the event or additional fees will be added for clean-up. Additional custodial or staffing needs for clean-up must be coordinated at least ten business days in advance.
Commercial sponsorship and solicitation must be approved in advance. All vendors not affiliated with the organization must have separate rental contract with the DRS.
The event sponsor will be held financially responsible for all lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
Decorations, Signage & Marketing
All postings, field or floor markings must be approved in advance.
Upon request, the Purdue Division of Recreational Sports will provide use of recreational equipment.
Food and drink are restricted to designated areas inside the DRS facilities and AQUA. Any request for event concessions must meet the approved guidelines established by Purdue University.
The representative for the group and event assumes responsibility for the adherence to the regulations and policies pertaining to Division of Recreational Sports Facility Reservations. They are also required to play an active role in the planning and supervision of the event and will assume financial responsibility for fees assessed for this event. The event sponsor (or his/her designee) will be on site throughout the reservation and will be held responsible for the conduct of all members of the group while using DRS facilities.
Liability Coverage/Certificate of Insurance
Parking is extremely limited. Any special parking requests need to be arranged through University parking. For more parking information, please call Purdue University Parking at 765-494-9494 or visit their website: http://www.purdue.edu/parking/
Staffing needs and associated costs will be determined by DRS staff.