Fitness Center Policies
- Chalk is only allowed on the lifting platforms. Loose chalk is prohibited. Chalk must be in ball or block form. Please clean up chalk residue using the brushes and rags provided.
- Control Olympic Lifts. When performing lifts on the platforms, the barbell must always remain under control. Hands should stay in contact with the barbell until it is stationary on the ground. Bumper plates must remain on the lifting platforms.
- Slamming Weight Equipment: All weight equipment should be returned to the ground or racks in a controlled manner. Please do not slam or drop your weights.
- Accommodating Resistance: The only approved accommodating resistance training is resistance bands on the Power Rack’s band pegs. All other physical alterations or additions to weight equipment (including chains) is prohibited.
- Spotters are strongly recommended. Please ask a Fitness Consultant for assistance if needed.
- Always return equipment to its proper location and always re-rack your weights.
- Wipe sweat off of equipment, after it has been used, with provided rags and disinfectant spray.
- Allow others to work in with you while doing multiple sets.
- Weight clips are required on all barbell and curl bar exercises.
- Do not throw functional equipment, such as medicine balls, against the walls or mirrors.
- Please limit your time on cardio machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Wipe sweat off equipment, after it has been used, with provided rag and disinfectant spray.
- Shirts are required and must cover the entire stomach and chest. Sports bras and shirts with major alterations are not allowed.
- Bags and clothing should be stored in lockers or cubbies, not on the fitness floor.
- Clothing with exposed metal, or that is potentially damaging to the equipment, is prohibited.
- Closed-toed shoes are required. Shoes must have a heel or heel strap. Socks and backless shoes are not allowed.
- Offensive or profane language is prohibited.
- No food is allowed on the fitness floor.
- Drinks must be kept in a sealed container. Mixing powered drinks in the fitness center is prohibited.
- No one under the age of 16, even if accompanied by an adult, is permitted to use the fitness center, unless participating in an approved program.
- Recreational Sports Staff are available to show you how to use the equipment.
- All members are expected to abide by the decisions of the Recreational Sports Staff.