A Waiver form is not required for Domestic students.
Waivers for International Students
You must purchase the University sponsored health insurance plan. Very limited waivers may be granted to international students who satisfy one of the criteria listed below:
- Government-sponsored students whose home government pays 100% for tuition and insurance for students and does not just supply funds to purchase an insurance plan of their choice.
- Student is 100% financially sponsored (including tuition, living expenses, medical expenses, etc) under a select international organization.
- Student is covered as a U.S. based employee, or as a dependent of a U.S. based employee, under a U.S. based health insurance provided through that employment.
- Student studying in an approved exchange program.
If you choose not to waive the Purdue Insurance plan, please click here to view the costs and enrollment process.
To Waive the Purdue Student Insurance Plan:
- Complete the International Student Waiver form and provide all documentation as required.
- Insurance must meet the minimum requirements as stated on Waiver form.
Waiver must be submitted and approved by September 8.
Spring semester deadline is January 31.
If the above deadline date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday at 6 p.m. ET (Eastern Time).
Those international students who do not have an approved waiver on file by the deadline will:
- have a hold placed on their account
- will have to purchase the Purdue Insurance plan
- will incur a $200 late fee.
If you have questions, please contact a representative of the Student Insurance Office in Rooms 338/340 of the Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH). We can also be reached at 1-765-496-3998 or by email at: email@example.com