New for 2012 - 2013
- Preventive Care Services that are on the approved PPACA lists for infants, children, adolescents and adult males and females will now be paid at 100% with no deductible and may be performed by any Preferred Provider.
Preventive services not on the approved list will be covered with a $15.00 copay only at PUSH.
Preventive services not on the approved list that are performed outside of PUSH are not covered and will not be paid by the insurance company.
Prenatal care – 44% of prenatal care is considered preventive. Insurance will only pay for the preventive care portion if it is done by an In-Network provider. There is no coverage for the preventive care portion if performed by an Out-of-Network provider. It is very important to ascertain if your provider is part of the United Healthcare Choice Plus Network.
Please visit www.healthcare.gov for further information on the Affordable Care Act and the preventive care services that are covered without cost sharing.
- Generic Prescription contraceptives are covered at 100% payment with no copay at the Purdue University Pharmacy.
- The Alcoholism/Drug Abuse benefit no longer has a benefit maximum cap.
- Premium rates have changed. Please see individual plans for cost information.
- Individuals who have been covered by any Student Insurance plan for a minimum of six months are eligible for continuation coverage of three months only. This is effective with the 2012-2013 policy year and is a change from the previous year.
You may review full details, including exclusions, and limitations here.