International Graduate Assistantship Students - Funded
(Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Graduate Administrative Professional)
To be eligible for the Graduate Staff Insurance plan, you must be employed 20 hours/week or more.
If employed less than 20 hours per week, click here.
Policy Coverage PeriodsFall 8/6 - 12/31
Spring and Summer 1/1 - 8/5
Annual - 8/6 - 8/5
- Must be employed 20 hours a week or more to enroll in a payroll deducted health insurance plan for you and your dependents.
- Assuming continuous annual coverage, the "student only" contribution would be $432.00. The frequency and amount of the deduction is based upon whether you have a Fiscal Year or Academic Year appointment.
- Graduate staff must enroll during the open enrollment period at the beginning of the Academic year.
- New Graduate staff hired after the enrollment period must enroll/opt out within 30 days of their start date.
- Students who do not enroll by the deadline will lose their eligibility for the Graduate Staff plan. However, since insurance is mandatory for international students, you will have to enroll in the regular International plan and pay the full cost.
- If you choose to waive the graduate staff insurance plan, you must opt out online and submit a waiver to the Student Insurance office by the deadline..
Costs for 2012-2013 Academic Year
Annual premium: $1,836
University Contribution 1,404 + Student Contribution 432
Graduate Staff Costs / Fiscal Year Employees*
|Student & Spouse||$246.83||$2,962|
|Student & Each Child||$112.58||$1,351|
|Student & All Children||$154.25||$1,851|
|Student, Spouse & Child||$323.42||$3,881|
|Student, Spouse & All Children||$365.08||$4,381|
Graduate Staff Costs /Academic Year Employees*
|Student & Spouse||$370.25||$2,962|
|Student & Each Child||$168.88||$1,351|
|Student & All Children||$231.38||$1,851|
|Student, Spouse & Each Child||$485.13||$3,881|
|Student, Spouse & All Children||$547.63||$4,381|
*Vision care for student only included in premium amounts