Enroll in Graduate Staff Student Insurance
Online enrollment is required, in order to be enrolled in the Grad Staff plan.
Please read through all of the following information before enrolling online!
You MUST receive a packet from your business office before enrolling online!
The steps below are instruction tips to help you complete the online enrollment on the designated website. Please read through the following steps before enrolling online.
- Obtain your Graduate Staff Insurance packet from your business office.
(If you are on a fellowship, enrollment may be handled in a different manner. There are a few fellowships that are administered as graduate assistantships. Your business office can provide this information.)
- A New hire may be requested by their business office to visit the Payroll Orientation room in Stewart to obtain their packet.
- Enroll at the designated website specific to graduate staff. Please note that your portion is only $432.00 (not the total cost listed of $1,826.00).
- Enter local United States address and Purdue email address. Purdue email is the official means of communication by the university.
- Enter name exactly as it appears in Purdue registration information.
- ACCURATELY enter your PUID number (Purdue University Identification Number). Enter first 10 digits only, including the first two zeros. Do NOT use dashes. Example: PUID given to you on card or materials is 00123-45678 0. You should enter 0012345678.
- PRINT a copy of your enrollment confirmation. This will be your only proof of insurance enrollment until your eligibility is verified. If no printer is available, save as a PDF file and print later.
- You will receive a permanent insurance card at your local address in approximately 4-6 weeks. Carry a copy of your insurance card at all times. You must provide this information to the Check-in staff upon arrival at your doctor’s appointment.
- You do NOT need to show this confirmation to the Student Insurance office.
Print or save a copy of the policy brochure. Refer to brochure for policy and coverage information.
**International Students: Enrollment must be completed by September 8 or an approved waiver must have been submitted. Those international students who have not purchased insurance or had a waiver approved by September 8th will have to enroll in the voluntary international plan and will incur a $200 late fee.
TO ENROLL for the GRADUATE STAFF PLAN go to: https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/Purdue