Enroll in Fellowship Health Insurance
The steps below are instruction tips to help you complete the online enrollment on the designated website. Please read through the following steps before enrolling online.
STEP 1 - Obtain your Fellowship Insurance packet from your business office.
- If you have a graduate assistantship, enrollment is handled in a different manner. There are fellowships that are administered as graduate assistantships. Your business office can provide this information.
- A new hire may be requested by their business office to visit the Payroll Orientation room in Stewart to obtain their packet.
- FOR STUDENTS ENROLLING SELF AND DEPENDENTS (SPOUSE AND/OR CHILDREN) Visit the Student Insurance Office in PUSH, Rooms 338/340.
- FOR STUDENTS ENROLLING SELF ONLY, Go to Step 2.
STEP 2 - On the designated website, enter requested personal information.
- Enter name exactly as it appears in Purdue registration information.
- ACCURATELY enter your PUID number (Purdue University Identification Number). Enter first 10 digits, including the first two zeros. Do NOT use dashes. Example: PUID given to you on card or materials is 00123-45678 0. You should enter 0012345678.
- Enter Purdue email address. Purdue email is the official means of communication by the university.
- Enter local United States address, including Apartment number, if necessary.
Step 3 - Select Coverage Period
- Students on a full year fellowship have the option of paying the full annual premium or breaking it into two premium payments.
- If you select annual, you will be responsible for the full annual payment upon enrollment.
- If you select Fall only, you will only be responsible for fall premium upon enrollment. You will need to renew the insurance no later than January 14th and pay the spring/summer premium. It is vital to make timely payment so that you do not incur a lapse in coverage.
- Note that you will have to meet the eligibility requirement (attend class for the first 31 days of the semester) if you enroll by semester only.
Step 4 - Pay your premium online
After the student insurance office has verified your eligibility, you will receive an email indicating how payment must be made online. Once you receive the email stating your application has been approved, you must pay within 5 days or your application will be void.
Please note that there is no additional fee when paying with a Visa or MasterCard (this applies to United Healthcare Student Insurance premium payments only).
Step 5 - PRINT a copy of your payment confirmation
- If no printer is available, save as pdf file and print later.
- You will receive a permanent insurance card at your local address in approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Carry a copy of your insurance card at all times. You must provide this information to the Check-in staff upon arrival at your doctor’s appointment.
- You do NOT need to show this confirmation to the Student Insurance Office.
Step 6 - Print or save a copy of the policy brochure. Refer to brochure for policy and coverage information.
To enroll for the FELLOWSHIP plan, go to www.uhcsr.com/purdue/control
**International Students: Fall Enrollment must be completed by September 8. The Spring/Summer deadline is January 31. Enrollment in health insurance after the September 8th deadline will incur a $200 late fee.