Graduate Assistantship Students - Funded
(Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Graduate Administrative Professional)
To be eligible for the Graduate Student Staff Insurance plan, you must be employed 20 hours/week or more.
If employed less than 20 hours per week, click here.
Policy Coverage PeriodsFall 8/6 - 12/31
Spring and Summer 1/1 - 8/5
Annual - 8/6 - 8/5
- Must be employed 20 hours a week or more to enroll in a payroll deducted health insurance plan for you and your dependents.
- Assuming continuous annual coverage, the "student only" contribution would be $461.00. The frequency and amount of the deduction is based upon whether you have a Fiscal Year or Academic Year appointment.
- Graduate student staff must enroll during the open enrollment period at the beginning of the Academic year.
- New Graduate student staff hired after the enrollment period must enroll within 30 days of their start date.
- Those Domestic (US Citizen/Permanent Resident) students who have taken no action to enroll by the deadline will forfeit the Graduate Student Staff insurance plan for the full academic year. However, if you were to experience a change that qualifies you to enroll in the insurance plan, please follow the Change in Family Status instructions.
The only other option available after the open enrollment period ends is to purchase the Domestic plan and pay the full cost of the premium for that plan.
Costs for 2014-2015 Academic Year
Annual premium: $1,852
University Contribution $1,391 + Student Contribution $461
Graduate Student Staff Costs / Fiscal Year Employees*
|Student & Spouse||$250||$3,010|
|Student & Child||$119||$1,435|
|Student & All Children||$160||$1,924|
|Student, Spouse & Child||$331||$3,984|
|Student, Spouse & All Children||$372||$4,473|
Graduate Student Staff Costs /Academic Year Employees*
|Student & Spouse||$376||$3,010|
|Student & Child||$179||$1,435|
|Student & All Children||$241||$1,924|
|Student, Spouse & Child||$498||$3,984|
|Student, Spouse & All Children||$559||$4,473|
*Vision coverage is included in premium amounts