Enroll in Graduate Student Staff Student Insurance
(RA, TA, Graduate Admin/Professional)
Online enrollment is required, in order to be enrolled in the Graduate Student Staff plan.
Please read through all of the following information before enrolling online!
If you have questions about your eligibility, contact your department's business office. You will be given the appropriate guide sheet for enrollment.
The steps below are instruction tips to help you complete the online enrollment on the designated website. Please read through the following steps before enrolling online.
- Obtain your Graduate Student Staff Insurance information guide sheet from your business office.
- A New hire may be requested by their business office to visit the Payroll Orientation room in Stewart.
- Enroll at the designated website specific to graduate student staff. Please note that your portion is only $443.00.
- Print a copy of your enrollment confirmation. This will be your only proof of insurance enrollment until your eligibility is verified. If no printer is available, save as a PDF file and print later.
- You will receive an electronic insurance card emailed to your Purdue email account as soon as eligibility has been verified. Carry a copy of your insurance card at all times. You must provide this information to the Check-in staff upon arrival at your doctor’s appointment.
Print or save a copy of the policy brochure. Refer to brochure for policy and coverage information.
Enrollment must be completed by September 8.
If the above deadline date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday at 6 p.m. ET (Eastern Time).
Those Domestic ( US Citizen/Permanent Resident) students who have taken no action to enroll by the deadline will forfeit the Graduate Student Staff insurance plan for the full academic year.
The only other option available after the open enrollment period ends is to purchase the Domestic plan and pay the full cost of the premium for that plan. Visit the Student Insurance office in PUSH, Rooms 338/340 to enroll.
TO ENROLL for the Graduate Student Staff PLAN click here.