Get Connected, Stay Informed
May 19 at 1:00 PM - August 06, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I will be working under the supervision of Dr. Gregory Woods of the Menzies
Research Institute from May 19 to August 6, 2014. During that time I will work on a
project that is related to the development of a vaccine against a transmissible
cancer known as Devil Facial Tumor Disease (DFTD). Depending on the state
of his research I could be working on projects such as: identification of
DFTD-specific tumor antigen(s), investigation into the induction of tumor necrosis in
DFTD tumor cells, and/or screening DFTD tumors for the presence of
suppressor macrophages. I will have access to the only captive devils and a
variety of tumor material for this research project. In addition to the research
aspect of this trip, I also wish to immerse myself into the culture. As I have yet to
ever travel internationally I believe this is a very important aspect of trip and my
personal development. In an attempt to do so, I will be boarding in a Tasmanian's
cottage for my entire stay, exploring the countryside, and learning about the people
and their history.
July 31 at 9:30 AM - August 02, 2014 at 4:00 PM
NDA summer camp is a required event for collegiate dance teams that participate at NDA Collegiate Nationals in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Purdue Dance Team travels to the University of Louisville every summer in order to qualify for nationals and potentially receive a fully-paid bid.
July 31 at 12:00 PM - August 03, 2014 at 12:00 PM
This is a biennial congregation of our national chapter. We send delegates to represent our chapter.
August 18, 2014 | 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
The orientation program for adult nontraditional students includes:
- A panel of seasoned adult students sharing their wisdom & experience as well as answering your questions.
- A brief overview of the Span Plan Adult Student Services Program.
- An orientation packet with an array of student services information – a collection that we’ve put together with information you will need to know.
- A light meal.
- PleaseRSVPonline by Thursday, August 14.
- Academics (4)
- Arts & Entertainment (0)
- Campus Life (4)
- Campus Services (2)
- Career (1)
- Colleges and Schools (1)
- Computing & Technology (0)
- Culture, Religion & Society (0)
- Dean of Students (0)
- Enrollment & Registration (1)
- Finances (0)
- Intercollegiate Athletics (0)
- Lectures & Seminars (0)
- Recreation, Health & Fitness (3)
- Residential Life (0)
- Safety (0)
- Weekly News (0)