Get Connected, Stay Informed
July 14 at 8:00 AM - August 09, 2014 at 12:00 AM
GS 11900 is a one credit, Pass/Nopass class designed to give students an overview of Purdue's 10 colleges and many majors.
This fall semester it meets Monday & Wednesday from 3:30 - 4:20pm in WTHR 172, and the CRN = 21047.
All freshmen and sophomores are welcome to enroll.
For more information, contact Scott Vana at email@example.com or call 765-494-0843.
July 23, 2014 | 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Spend your summer evening on the Union Front Lawn July 23rd and enjoy a free musical performance by The Vallures featuring the Green Room Rockers. Food will be available starting at 5:00 pm with the performance beginning at 5:30 pm.
July 30, 2014 | 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Come enjoy a beautiful summer evening on the Union Front Lawn July 30th! Food will be available for purchase starting at 5:00 pm followed by a musical performance by Michael Kelsey at 6:00 pm!
June 05 at 12:00 PM - July 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Alden's trip to Baranquilla
July 23, 2014 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Your future is important to you, so the documents you include in an application are, too. Whether you are beginning to plan your writing process, considering your audience, or refining a draft, this workshop can help you write an effective essay. Come with a work-in-progress or general questions.
Workshops are free for Purdue students, staff, and faculty and are held in the Writing Lab. No sign-up is required, but seating is limited and will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
12:00 – 1:00 PM, July 23
June 12 at 12:00 PM - July 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Sending one PCDC member, Rachel Rapkin, to 6 week dance education conference.
2014/2015 Expectations for PCDC member Rachel Rapkin and PCDC Benefits
Rachel Rapkin, PCDC member will share the following dance experiences to PCDC fall 2014
& spring 2015, after attending the American Dance Festival conference, June 12, 2014 - July 26. The experiences Rachel brings to PCDC will enhance the choreographic and performance quality of all PCDC members’ endeavors.
- Rachel Rapkin will translate her ADF experiences choreographically and create choreography for PCDC members for the 2014 Winter and 2015 Spring performances. Thus the PCDC choreography will illustrate the latest contemporary dance performance trends.
- PCDC members in the choreography will explore new ways of moving, creating dance phrases,
looking at dance as a performance art and how the audiences view dance.
- Present a lecture demonstration/power point review of her ADF summer conference experience. The lecture will enhance PCDC’s understanding and appreciation of the art form and its cultural and historical significance.
- Share a new contemporary modern dance style by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Share a historical modern dance style by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Share an international cultural style of dance by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Will mentor current and emerging PCDC choreographers/dancers in 2014/2015 and provide feedback for “choreography in progress” rehearsals.-------------------------------------
Purdue Contemporary Dance Company
March 29, 2014 – 10:30am
Members present: Carol Cunningham-Sigman (faculty advisor), Chelsey Garn (president), Rachel Retherford (treasurer), Rachel Baum, Maggie Blake, Briana Hernandez, Alan Katter,
Mallory McAfee, Emily Messmer, Jill Miser, Megan Morris, Rachel Rapkin, Sara Satterly, Amberly Simpson, Marissa Ulie, Sarah Wiltgen, Ebony Woodard
• PCDC member, Rachel Rapkin, selected to attend the 6 week American Dance Festival
Conference, June 12, 2014 - Saturday, July 26, 2014
• ADF Tuition and dormitory fee/payment Approved for the conference.
August 05, 2014 | 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Take a break from the stress of finals and come to the CoRec for some relaxation! Make your own sleepmask, dreamcatcher keychains, and potpourri! There will be free food and massages! Also, come spend some time with puppies from the Humane Society
July 31, 2014 | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Annual callout for the Purdue Postdoctoral Association (PPDA)
Learn more about how you can be a part of the postdoc community at Purdue. A brief introduction to the group, followed by the Ph.D. movie (a classic!) and free pizza.
Thursday, July 31, 5:00pm
Beering Hall, Room B222
August 18, 2014 | 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
The orientation program for adult nontraditional students includes:
- A panel of seasoned adult students sharing their wisdom & experience as well as answering your questions.
- A brief overview of the Span Plan Adult Student Services Program.
- An orientation packet with an array of student services information – a collection that we’ve put together with information you will need to know.
- A light meal.
- PleaseRSVPonline by Thursday, August 14.
May 19 at 1:00 PM - August 06, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I will be working under the supervision of Dr. Gregory Woods of the Menzies
Research Institute from May 19 to August 6, 2014. During that time I will work on a
project that is related to the development of a vaccine against a transmissible
cancer known as Devil Facial Tumor Disease (DFTD). Depending on the state
of his research I could be working on projects such as: identification of
DFTD-specific tumor antigen(s), investigation into the induction of tumor necrosis in
DFTD tumor cells, and/or screening DFTD tumors for the presence of
suppressor macrophages. I will have access to the only captive devils and a
variety of tumor material for this research project. In addition to the research
aspect of this trip, I also wish to immerse myself into the culture. As I have yet to
ever travel internationally I believe this is a very important aspect of trip and my
personal development. In an attempt to do so, I will be boarding in a Tasmanian's
cottage for my entire stay, exploring the countryside, and learning about the people
and their history.
- Academics (6)
- Arts & Entertainment (3)
- Campus Life (8)
- Campus Services (3)
- Career (1)
- Colleges and Schools (3)
- Computing & Technology (0)
- Culture, Religion & Society (0)
- Dean of Students (0)
- Enrollment & Registration (1)
- Finances (0)
- Intercollegiate Athletics (0)
- Lectures & Seminars (0)
- Recreation, Health & Fitness (2)
- Residential Life (0)
- Safety (0)
- Weekly News (0)