Get Connected, Stay Informed
July 25 at 12:00 PM - July 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Best Buddies Leadership Conference
July 24 at 12:00 PM - July 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM
The Presidential Board will be traveling to DePaul University for a national conference held by Children's Miracle Network.
August 05, 2014 | 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Take a break from the stress of finals and come to the CoRec for some relaxation! Make your own sleepmask, dreamcatcher keychains, and potpourri! There will be free food and massages! Also, come spend some time with puppies from the Humane Society
July 30, 2014 | 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Come enjoy a beautiful summer evening on the Union Front Lawn July 30th! Food will be available for purchase starting at 5:00 pm followed by a musical performance by Michael Kelsey at 6:00 pm!
July 25 at 8:00 AM - July 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM
The To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) UChapter summer conference is an interactive leadership conference that takes place in Cape Canaveral, Florida this July. It is a requirement to attend this conference to be able start a university chapter of TWLOHA. The fee to attend the conference is $200 per person. This includes admission to the conference, breakfast, and an afternoon snack for the three-day period. This is a vital networking and training opportunity offered by the national organization that will allow us to effectively run a chapter of TWLOHA. Additionally, it is a great professional development opportunity for us. Specifically, this conference will feature licensed mental health counselors to help us examine the stigma surrounding many mental illnesses today. We will also be able to develop an understanding of these disorders by learning about their causes, risk factors, current research being done on them, and effective treatment options. This conference is described on TWLOHA’s website as “invaluable for any student interested in learning how to challenge the stigma of mental health issues in the college setting.” In addition, this leadership opportunity will train us how to effectively develop and lead strong campaigns that will spread the word that no one is alone and there is always hope for recovery. Please refer to the conference website for more information: http://twloha.com/summer-conference-2014. We strongly believe that making a TWLOHA chapter active at Purdue will inspire a movement towards a more hopeful and stronger university, and attending this conference is the first step to make that happen.
June 12 at 12:00 PM - July 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Sending one PCDC member, Rachel Rapkin, to 6 week dance education conference.
2014/2015 Expectations for PCDC member Rachel Rapkin and PCDC Benefits
Rachel Rapkin, PCDC member will share the following dance experiences to PCDC fall 2014
& spring 2015, after attending the American Dance Festival conference, June 12, 2014 - July 26. The experiences Rachel brings to PCDC will enhance the choreographic and performance quality of all PCDC members’ endeavors.
- Rachel Rapkin will translate her ADF experiences choreographically and create choreography for PCDC members for the 2014 Winter and 2015 Spring performances. Thus the PCDC choreography will illustrate the latest contemporary dance performance trends.
- PCDC members in the choreography will explore new ways of moving, creating dance phrases,
looking at dance as a performance art and how the audiences view dance.
- Present a lecture demonstration/power point review of her ADF summer conference experience. The lecture will enhance PCDC’s understanding and appreciation of the art form and its cultural and historical significance.
- Share a new contemporary modern dance style by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Share a historical modern dance style by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Share an international cultural style of dance by teaching a class to PCDC members.
- Will mentor current and emerging PCDC choreographers/dancers in 2014/2015 and provide feedback for “choreography in progress” rehearsals.-------------------------------------
Purdue Contemporary Dance Company
March 29, 2014 – 10:30am
Members present: Carol Cunningham-Sigman (faculty advisor), Chelsey Garn (president), Rachel Retherford (treasurer), Rachel Baum, Maggie Blake, Briana Hernandez, Alan Katter,
Mallory McAfee, Emily Messmer, Jill Miser, Megan Morris, Rachel Rapkin, Sara Satterly, Amberly Simpson, Marissa Ulie, Sarah Wiltgen, Ebony Woodard
• PCDC member, Rachel Rapkin, selected to attend the 6 week American Dance Festival
Conference, June 12, 2014 - Saturday, July 26, 2014
• ADF Tuition and dormitory fee/payment Approved for the conference.
May 19 at 1:00 PM - August 06, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I will be working under the supervision of Dr. Gregory Woods of the Menzies
Research Institute from May 19 to August 6, 2014. During that time I will work on a
project that is related to the development of a vaccine against a transmissible
cancer known as Devil Facial Tumor Disease (DFTD). Depending on the state
of his research I could be working on projects such as: identification of
DFTD-specific tumor antigen(s), investigation into the induction of tumor necrosis in
DFTD tumor cells, and/or screening DFTD tumors for the presence of
suppressor macrophages. I will have access to the only captive devils and a
variety of tumor material for this research project. In addition to the research
aspect of this trip, I also wish to immerse myself into the culture. As I have yet to
ever travel internationally I believe this is a very important aspect of trip and my
personal development. In an attempt to do so, I will be boarding in a Tasmanian's
cottage for my entire stay, exploring the countryside, and learning about the people
and their history.
July 24 at 4:00 PM - July 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM
The Purdue Intercollegiate Bowling is hosting a educational camp at the Union Rack and Roll for ages 12-20.
July 14 at 8:00 AM - August 09, 2014 at 12:00 AM
GS 11900 is a one credit, Pass/Nopass class designed to give students an overview of Purdue's 10 colleges and many majors.
This fall semester it meets Monday & Wednesday from 3:30 - 4:20pm in WTHR 172, and the CRN = 21047.
All freshmen and sophomores are welcome to enroll.
For more information, contact Scott Vana at email@example.com or call 765-494-0843.
July 29, 2014 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Are you interested in environmental issues? If so, come join the Student Sustainability Council for a summer gathering!
Everyone is welcome -- students, staff, faculty, and friends. Please bring a "finger food" item to share, and in consideration of the environment bring a reusable plate to enjoy all of the food.
August 18, 2014 | 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
The orientation program for adult nontraditional students includes:
- A panel of seasoned adult students sharing their wisdom & experience as well as answering your questions.
- A brief overview of the Span Plan Adult Student Services Program.
- An orientation packet with an array of student services information – a collection that we’ve put together with information you will need to know.
- A light meal.
- PleaseRSVPonline by Thursday, August 14.
July 31, 2014 | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Annual callout for the Purdue Postdoctoral Association (PPDA)
Learn more about how you can be a part of the postdoc community at Purdue. A brief introduction to the group, followed by the Ph.D. movie (a classic!) and free pizza.
Thursday, July 31, 5:00pm
Beering Hall, Room B222
- Academics (5)
- Arts & Entertainment (3)
- Campus Life (11)
- Campus Services (2)
- Career (1)
- Colleges and Schools (2)
- Computing & Technology (0)
- Culture, Religion & Society (0)
- Dean of Students (0)
- Enrollment & Registration (1)
- Finances (0)
- Intercollegiate Athletics (0)
- Lectures & Seminars (0)
- Recreation, Health & Fitness (2)
- Residential Life (0)
- Safety (0)
- Weekly News (1)