Cancer is an issue that has directly touched the lives of so many Boilermakers, which is why Purdue is committed to helping make a difference in cancer prevention and research.
The Purdue University Center for Cancer Research brings together the best minds from within Purdue University and beyond to study cancers where they start - inside the cell. The Cancer Research Center discovers how cancer develops, progress and respond to treatment. Their work leads to the advancement of new medicines, diagnostic tools and treatment devices.
This page is dedicated to honoring some of our fans, players and coaches, and provides a way for you to show us how you #HAMMERDOWNCANCER and who you #HAMMERDOWNCANCER for via Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also download HAMMERDOWNCANCER wallpapers, Facebook profile pictures and more! Thank you for HAMMERING DOWN CANCER!
Doing Your Part
Today’s research fuel’s tomorrow’s cancer treatment. Every successful step we make in cancer research now could have important benefits for you, or someone you love, in the future. Help the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research find more effective treatments and cures. Thank you for your generosity, and thank you for saving and enhancing lives.Donate Now
- University Bookstore Giveback Day (Wednesday, October 9)
- Orange Leaf Giveback Night (Wednesday, October 9)
- Campus Lecture - Dr.Ratliff (Wednesday. October 9: 6:00 - 7:00PM in Rawls 2058)
- Purdue University Center for Cancer Research Luncheon( Thursday, October 10) Purdue Women’s Club 20 | 30 in conjunction with PWC Let’s Do Lunch, together with McGraw’s Steak Chop and Fish House present a special luncheon to benefit the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research on Thursday, October 10, 2013. Speakers for the event include:
- Football Game: Saturday. October 12 vs. Nebraska
• Dr. Timothy Ratliff, Robert Wallace Miller Director, Purdue University Center for Cancer Research
• Ms.Terry Kix, Director of Purdue Women’s Basketball OperationsTickets can be purchased at https://hammerdowncancerlunch.eventbrite.com/