The Boilermakers are teaming up with the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) and Honor Flight for their fourth-annual Military Appreciation Day game on November 9 against the Iowa Hawkeyes. For this Military Appreciation Day game, fans are asked to wear military supporting shirts and/or hats to show their many expressions of appreciation and recognition of our armed forces. A portion of the proceeds from the military gear will go toward the EBV program.
The EBV program was founded by the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University in 2007, and was quickly adopted by other major business schools around the country. Purdue's Krannert School of Management offered its first EBV in 2009. The logic behind the program was to leverage the academic expertise within business schools to service those man and women who have served and sacrificed for our country. The EBV program offers cutting edge, experimental training in entrepreneurship and small business management to post-9/11 soldiers, sailors, aviators and marines with disabilities resulting from their service to our country.
This page is dedicated to honoring some of our veterans and active military personnel. Fans, players and coaches can provide a way to show their appreciation as #BOILER4HEROES via Twitter and Instagram. You can also download BOILERS4HEROES wallpaper, Facebook profile, pictures and more!
- "To my excitement the EBV program at Purdue not only met my expectations, but exceeded them in every way possible" - Lt. Col. Craig A. Triscari, 2012 EBV graduate.
- "We sincerely hope our EBV students have learned as much from us about how to build and sustain a business as we have learned from them about courage, resilience and the strength of the human spirit" - Dean Chris Earley, Krannert School of Management
- University Bookstore Giveback Day, Nov. 5
- Battlemind to Home IV : Marriot East, Indianapolis, Nov. 5-6
- Military Appreciation Day Luncheon: Brunos, Nov. 5 at 11:45AM - 1:30PM
- Military and Veterans Symposium: Krannert Purdue University, Nov. 8
- Stand Down: Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds, Nov. 9
- Fish Fry: Lafayette National Guard Armory, Nov 8
- Armory Tours: Lafayette National Guard Armory, All Week
- Veterans Day Celebration: Indiana Veterans Home, Nov. 11
- Veterans Day Memorial: Reihle Plaza, Nov. 11 at 11:00 AM
- Veterans Benefits: 40/8 Veterans Organization, Nov. 11 at 1:00PM
- Purdue Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Purdue vs. Iowa Military Appreciation Day Game, Nov 9.
- Veterans Day, Nov. 11
- Military Appreciation Week Discounts - Click Here
• The A special luncheon entitled “Community Makers: Duty Calls” is scheduled for 11:45 a.m. EST,Tuesday, Nov. 5, at Bruno’s Restaurant in West Lafayette as a lead-in to Military Appreciation Day at Ross-Ade Stadium (Purdue vs. Iowa football game) later that week. This luncheon is intended to help raise funds and awareness for several important charities in Tippecanoe County. Program to include Josh Lindblom (major league pitcher), RyanSpesard (NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Year), Ray Miller (World War II vet representing Honor Flight) and a specially-selected veteran with disabilities. Carli Edging (young rising vocalist) will sing and Rob Hughes (new WLFI-TV sports director will serve as emcee. Luncheon price is $25.00 with proceeds going to benefit Veterans with Disabilities, Honor Flight, Food Finders and NFF Scholarships -- all in Tippecanoe County. Additional donations are encouraged.
Official sponsor is Joe Tiller Chapter of National Football Foundation with assistance from Purdue Gold Standard, Josh Lindblom Foundation, Lafayette Gold Star Mothers, Krannert School of Management's Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities and the Purdue Trademarks Licensing Office.
• Tickets can be purchased here
• The Honor Flight Network is a non-profit organization created solely to honor America's veterans for all their sacrifices. They transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials. The Honor Flight Network is a way of paying a small tribute to those who gave so much - a memorable, safe and rewarding TOUR of HONOR.
• EBV Residency at Purdue (Exclusive to EBV students), Nov. 1- 9
• EBV Opening Celebration (Invitation Only) Indianapolis, Nov. 1
• Krannert Military and Veterans Affair Symposium (Open to public), Nov. 8
• EBV Commencement Ceremony (Invitation Only), Nov. 9