A New Organization: Student Academic Affairs
On July 1, 2014, three administrative units – Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and Housing and Food Services – came together as one division focused on the personal, professional and intellectual growth of Purdue students. The new student-centered division is called Student Academic Affairs.
This organization ensures a more direct and positive impact on the quality of education at Purdue, reduces confusion for students and the campus community, and creates greater operational efficiencies.
Organizational Framework: A High-Level Overview
The new structure came from much discussion and reflection by a committee appointed by President Daniels. Early drafts of the organization were shared with affected employees via email and two forums, and their feedback was very helpful to the process. A list of FAQs is available for review.
The committee members are:
- Dale Whittaker, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs (Chair)
- Brent Drake, Chief Data Officer
- Frank Dooley, Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs
- Jim Hintz, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Interim Dean of Students
- Pam Horne, Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Dean of
- Beth McCuskey, Associate Vice President, Housing and Food Services
- Joan Fulton, Associate Department Head, Professor Ag Economics
- Dennis Minchella, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education, College of
Science; Professor of Biological Sciences; Foundations of Excellence Team
- Christine Taylor, Vice Provost for Diversity and Chief Diversity Officer
- Jared Tippets, Director, Student Success
- Todd Wetzel, Director, Convocations