Faculty Offer Letter Templates
For formal job offers to new faculty of all levels, the offer letter and contract (form 19) will now be replaced with a single, detailed offer letter that will act as the contract.
Here you will find template offer letters for all 11 categories of faculty, lecturers and postdocs, as well as a process grid outlining the steps in the approval process for the letter contracts.
Because these letters now serve as contracts, some language must be used verbatim as provided; these parts of the text are highlighted in yellow in the templates. Black and red font indicate suggested template language, with red meant to set off special situations/or alternative solutions to a decision point. Black should address the majority of “standard” offers. Sections that are irrelevant to a particular offer – i.e., FY language for an AY appointment – can be deleted. Please use only these versions of your offer letters going forward.
- Faculty Tenure-track Offer Letter
- Faculty Offer Letter with Tenure
- Clinical Faculty Offer Letter
- Post Doctoral Employee Offer Letter
- Visiting Faculty Offer Letter
- Continuing Lecturer Offer Letter
- Visiting Scholar Offer Letter
- Limited-term Lecturer Offer Letter
- Research Faculty Offer Letter
- Adjunct Faculty Offer Letter
- Affiliate Faculty Offer Letter