What Is a Policy?
This website provides a library of system-wide policies, which can be defined as official directives that:
- Mandate requirements of or provisions for members of the Purdue University community and provide procedures for fulfillment of such.
- Have broad application throughout the Purdue University system.
- Enhance the Purdue University mission, reduce institutional risk and/or promote operational efficiency.
- Have been reviewed and approved by the Executive Policy Review Group (EPRG).
- Are sponsored by at least one Responsible Executive.
- Help achieve compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
Executive memoranda found on this website that predate the policy on Formulation and Issuance of Purdue University System-Wide Policies (V.C.1) remain official Purdue University system-wide policies and are expected, in time, to be reviewed and reissued according to the current policy process.
Comprehensive Policy Review
In April, the EPRG endorsed a plan to review the 127 system-wide administrative policies in place with a focus on scrutinizing their consistency, relevance and reasonableness. A report on the review details the process used to conduct the review and outlines the recommendations that resulted.