PMO Kids Choir
Audition to be part of the PMO Kids Choir!
Auditions for this year's PMO Kids Choir will be held Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 2:00pm. Auditions should conclude by 4:00pm. Auditions will be held inside Ralph & Bettye Bailey Hall, 359 Northwestern Avenue, at the corner of Grant Street and Northwestern.
Who can audition?
Boys and Girls Ages 8-12 (with unchanged voices)
Important Information for Students & Parents
- A parent or guardian must accompany their child to the audition.
- The PMO Kids Choir is featured in the nationally acclaimed Purdue Christmas Show, which is presented annually to a live crowd of thousands and reaches millions more through international broadcasts on public television and radio networks.
- The PMO Kids Choir is a big commitment and we're looking for students who can sing, move and perform with lots of energy. A great attitude and an ability to take direction are a must!
- Rehearsals will be Monday afternoons, 4:30-5:20, until the last week of rehearsals when they will be nightly.
INFORMATION FOR 2014
Prior to the audition, those auditioning are asked to familiarize themselves with one excerpt from this year's production. During the audition, those auditioning will be asked to sing this excerpt in a small group with others who are auditioning. The excerpt does not need to be memorized, but those auditioning should be able to sing it with confidence. Where the music splits into two parts, please learn the top line for the audition.
- Snow Lovely Snow (This is a .zip file and includes a PDF of the music and an MP3 file)
Dancing will NOT be part of the audition this year.
If you have questions about the commitment involved or if you have trouble opening the files above, please contact PMO Assistant Director Sarah May directly via e-mail or call PMO at 765-494-3941.