PMO Advisory Board
The PMO Advisory Board consists of alumni, donors and friends selected to assist the organization with activities that fall outside the normal responsibilities of the PMO staff. The purpose of the board is to assist and advise Purdue Musical Organizations with friend-raising and fundraising efforts, be the voice and action of support and serve as ambassadors for PMO.
“PMO gave me wonderful opportunities during my four years, and I feel privileged to be able to give back my time to help out. I am grateful for any opportunity I have to let my PMO experience provide perspective for current and future staff and students.” – Chris Pozezanac, Glee Club ’03, PMO Advisory Board Emeritus Member
Front Row: Steve Schlenk (Emeritus), Lucy Whitehead (Emeritus), Larry Martin Campbell (Emeritus), Natalie King (Secretary), Joli Heavin (Emeritus). Back Row: Chris Pozezanac (Emeritus), Doug Heckman, Steve Ruberg (Emeritus), Monica Ruberg, Betsy Marti (Emeritus), Libbi Schlenk (Emeritus), Cindy Ehrlich (Emeritus), Rod Ehrlich (Emeritus), Emilie Crabb. Not pictured: Woody Foerster, Kevin Sprecher (Emeritus), Bob Ziek (Emeritus), Marcy Ziek (Chair).
The above names represent the current membership of the PMO Advisory Board. The board shall consist of no fewer than twelve and no more than twenty members. The board year is defined as July 1 through June 30. The term of office is three years and no member may serve more than two full terms in succession. After the absence of one year, a member may serve again, as above.
“I love being able to commit time and treasure to people with whom I share the love of music, the values of service, camaraderie, friendship, leadership development and the joy of sharing talents with others. My involvement with PMO is one of the most uplifting and enriching experiences in my life.” – Betsy Marti, University Choir ‘69, PMO Advisory Board Emeritus Member
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for PMO and Purdue University.
- Work in good faith with PMO staff and other board members as partners toward achieving the goals and objectives outlined in the PMO Strategic Plan.
- Attend at least one of the three regularly-scheduled meetings in person and at least two of the three regularly-scheduled meetings in person and/or via conference call.
- Actively participate in a minimum of one PMO Advisory Board committee.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the PMO Club, each board year, in a manner that is consistent with your means and to the fund(s) that is most meaningful to you.
- Act in the best interest of PMO and the PMO Advisory Board.
BOARD MEMBER SELECTION:
Each board year (July 1 - June 30), each member will nominate one person he or she believes should be considered for membership on the PMO Advisory Board. The board chair will collect the nominations and present them to the PMO Director for review.
Please direct questions about the PMO Advisory Board to Steve Schlenk.