PMO Advisory Board
PMO Advisory Board members generously volunteer their time, talents and treasure by promoting and advocating for PMO and assisting with friendraising and fundraising efforts.
The mission of the PMO Advisory Board is to enhance PMO engagement by supporting the staff through advising, providing strategic input, and transforming ideas into actionable projects through self-directed efforts.
Current Advisory Board Members: Marcy Ziek, Choral Club '77 (Chair); Emilie Crabb, Purduettes '59; Natalie King, University Choir '59 (Secretary); Woody Foerster, PMO Parent 2008-2012; Doug Heckman, Purdue Bells '95; Monica Helfrich, Purduettes '08; and Joshua Larsen, Glee Club '05
“PMO gave me wonderful opportunities during my four years, and I feel privileged to be able to give back my time to help out. I am grateful for any opportunity I have to let my PMO experience provide perspective for current and future staff and students.” – Chris Pozezanac, Glee Club ’03, PMO Advisory Board Emeritus Member
“I love being able to commit time and treasure to people with whom I share the love of music, the values of service, camaraderie, friendship, leadership development and the joy of sharing talents with others. My involvement with PMO is one of the most uplifting and enriching experiences in my life.” – Betsy Marti, University Choir ‘69, PMO Advisory Board Emeritus Member
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for PMO and Purdue University.
- Work in good faith with PMO staff and other board members as partners toward achieving the goals and objectives outlined in the PMO Strategic Plan.
- Attend at least one of the three regularly-scheduled meetings in person and at least two of the three regularly-scheduled meetings in person and/or via conference call.
- Actively participate in a minimum of one PMO Advisory Board committee.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the PMO Club, each board year, in a manner that is consistent with your means and to the fund(s) that is most meaningful to you.
- Act in the best interest of PMO and the PMO Advisory Board.
BOARD MEMBER SELECTION:
Each board year (July 1 - June 30), each member will nominate one person he or she believes should be considered for membership on the PMO Advisory Board. The board chair will collect the nominations and present them to the PMO Director for review.
Please direct questions about the PMO Advisory Board to Steve Schlenk.